Talks and presentations by architects and professionals of allied fields have been a constant part of the architecture program at SANAA. This helps to create a robust integration of the theoretical knowledge imparted by the faculty and the insight and practical exposure brought by the practising professional to the benefit of the students.
Some of the eminent practitioners who have interacted with students at SANAA are:
- Ar Jaisim (Fountainhead – Bangalore)
- Ar Pushkar Kanvinde (Director_Ayojan School Of Architecture – Pune)
- Ar Sathya Prakash Varanasi (Sathya Consultants – Bangalore)
- Ar Sanjay Mohe ( Mindspace Architects – Bangalore)
- Ar Chitra Vishwanath (Biome Environmentsl Solutions P.Ltd.)
- Ar V Sarath C Kanth ( Design Tech – Chennai )
- Ar Murali M (Murali Architects – Chennai)
- Dr Prita Sasidharan (professor, architect, planner & urban enthusiast)
- Ar Babu Cherian (BCA Architecture)
- Ar Sathyanarayanan S (Earth Studio Berkley – California)
- Ar Bhuvanasundar & Ar Kalyanasundar (Sundar Sundaram Architects – Coimbatore)
- Ar Arun Prasad Prakashan (Arun & Associates – Coimbatore)
- Ar Vinu Daniel ( Walmakers – Kochi )
Hands-on workshops have been an intrinsic element of the curriculum at SANAA. Students benefit immensely from this practical exposure which also helps them to utilise the key takeaways in the studio process.
Study Tour / Site Visits
Exposure to the built environment complements the academic process. Travelling widens one’s horizon. To see, touch, and feel buildings and the urban environment enhances one’s appreciation of architecture.
At SANAA student tours, site visits, and case study visits are regularly organized. Site visits and case study visits are a frequent part of every semester in architectural design, building construction, and building services courses. Student tours are conducted in the Fourth year with an appropriate mix of visits to both historical and contemporary buildings across India.